In order to accommodate the number of customers still trying to reach us through web chat and continue to improve the response time for any account-related issues that customers may still have related to FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood, the North American SQUARE ENIX Support Center will be further extending web chat support hours during the month of June.
Dates of Extended Support:
Monday, June 26, 2017 through Friday, June 30, 2017
Web Chat Support Hours:
From 6:00 a.m. (PDT) to 8:00 p.m. (PDT).
Please note that phone support will not be extended during this period and will continue to operate during standard business hours on Monday through Friday at 9:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. (PDT).
We look forward to assisting customers with any issues they may have and helping to make the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood launch as smooth as possible.
In order to maintain stability, functionality, and efficiency in the SQUARE ENIX Support Center webchat, a limit on the maximum number of concurrent chats has been set. When this limit is reached, the webchat support will appear closed. Should this occur we ask that you please try to access the webchat at a later time, or to use e-mail to contact the Support Center to resolve your concerns.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
This is a notice to all customers who use a Square Enix Software Token (Software Token).
If you are using a Software Token on your smartphone and decide to switch to a new phone or update your device's operating system, or you have deleted your Software Token application, you will need to use your Software Token’s Emergency Removal Password to remove your Software Token from the old device, after which you must re-register the token to your new device. If you are planning on switching phones or deleting the application, please be sure you have your Emergency Removal Password at hand first.
*In the case you cannot perform an emergency removal of the Software Token, you will no longer be able to log in to or use the various services related to your applicable Square Enix account.
How to confirm your Software Token Emergency Removal Password
(1) Log in to the Square Enix Account Management System.
(2) After you have logged into the Square Enix Account Management System, your Emergency Removal Password will be displayed under “Token Usage Status” below the “Square Enix Account Information” section at the right side of the screen.
*The Emergency Removal Password is a one-time password that changes after each use. After you have used it, you must log into the Square Enix Account Management System again to obtain your new one-time Emergency Removal Password.
Before you switch phones or delete the application, please be sure to follow the above steps to confirm and store your Emergency Removal Password in a safe place. After you have switched phones or deleted your application, this password will be necessary to perform the Emergency Removal of the Software Token registered to your old device.
How to perform an emergency removal of your Software Token
(1) Go to the Software Token Emergency Removal page and enter your Square Enix ID and password and your Emergency Removal Password.
(2) Open the “One-Time Password” page found below the “Services and Options” category.
(3) Select “Configure Software Token Application” at the bottom of the page and choose “Software Token Registration.”
(4) Select either “Software Token for iPhone and iPod touch” or “Software Token for Android” depending on the type of operating system installed on your device.
(You will be taken to the AppStore or GooglePlay website according to your selection.)
* Please do not close the Square Enix Account Management System window as you will need to come back to it later.
* Once your application finishes downloading, please return to the Square Enix Account Management System window and continue with the steps below.
(5) Click on “Next” in the “Software Token Registration” page.
(7) A registration password will be sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account.
(8) Launch the application after it has been installed, choose your language, and then enter your Square Enix ID, registered date of birth, and the registration password that was sent to you. This will complete the Software Token registration.
* Please be aware that the Software Token registration cannot be completed until you enter your Square Enix ID, date of birth, and registration password into the application.
* The registration password will expire after 60 minutes. If your password expires, you must restart the re-registration process from step 1.
* The “Registration Password” refers to the password that is sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account in step 7. Please use caution as it is not the same as your Square Enix account password.
If you have lost your Emergency Removal Password or are unable to perform the emergency removal of the Software Token yourself, the Support Center will be able to remove it for you once account ownership is verified. Please review the FAQ below for further details.
How do I remove the Square Enix Security Token from my account?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the steps described in this announcement, please contact the Square Enix Support Center.
Square Enix Support Center