In order to make the switch from a physical SQUARE ENIX Security Token (key ring type) to the Software Token (Android or iOS app), you must first remove the Security Token from the account, then register the Software Token. Please be aware that removing a Security Token will render it unusable, and that you can not use both a Security Token and a Software Token simultaneously on the same SQUARE ENIX account.
Please take the following steps to remove a Security Token from a SQUARE ENIX account:
1) Log in to the intended Square Enix account on the Mog Station (https://www.mogstation.com
* If you possess multiple service accounts, you will be taken to the service account selection screen. Please carefully navigate through the tabs and select the correct service account you intend to review, then select "Use This Service Account."
2) From the menu on the left hand side, select "One-Time Password" under "Square Enix Account Settings."
3) Confirm the information on the page matches the serial number on the back of the security token you are attempting to remove.
4) Once confirmed, select "Security Token (key ring type)."
5) Continue by clicking on "Security Token removal."
6) Complete the process by entering the serial number, without the dashes, located on the back of the Security Token, and an updated One-Time Password provided by the Security Token itself by pressing the button on it.
7) Once the Security Token has been successfully removed, return to the One-Time Password section (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/otpTop) and choose "Adjust Software Token (smartphone application) settings)."
8) Select "Software Token registration" to continue.
9) The selections shown will direct you to the appropriate App Store page for iOS or Android. If you have installed the app to your device already, choose "Next" to continue.
10) Enter your security question and answer (which is both case and space sensitive), read over the terms of service, and click "Accept User Agreement and Send Confirmation Mail."
11) A registration password will be emailed to the registered email address on file for the SQUARE ENIX account. To complete Software Token registration, please launch the application, then enter the Square Enix ID, date of birth (in YYYYMMDD format), and registration password. Unfortunately, you will not be able to copy and paste the registration password, so please use a separate device or computer to assist with this process.
Please be aware that you can not complete the registration procedure without entering the requested information. Furthermore, the password will expire 60 minutes after the confirmation email was sent.
Once registration is completed, the system will automatically log you out from all online services that are currently in use. Please make sure to log out from any such services before starting the Software Token registration procedure.
If you have any issues with any of the above steps, such as removing the physical Security Token, please contact the Square Enix Support Center by clicking on the "Additional Assistance" button below.