KB Article: 12668
KB Category: [Account/Billing] [Accounts/ID]
KB Sub-category: [Compromised PlayOnline Account] [Compromised Account]
What to do if you suspect an account has been compromised
If you suspect that an account was compromised, please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center immediately. You can request assistance by selecting "Additional Assistance" located at the bottom of this Knowledge Base article. Enter the contact details and select "Next." Select "Next" again on the Support Information page to request assistance.
If you can still access the account in question, please immediately change the PlayOnline Password.
To change the PlayOnline Password:
- Log into the linked SQUARE ENIX Account
- Select the "PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI” Icon
- Select "Options List" under the active service account you want to change the password for
- Select the "Update PlayOnline Password" from the PlayOnline ID Options menu
- Follow the onscreen instructions to change the PlayOnline Password
If you still have access to FINAL FANTASY XI through another account, please contact a Game Master for assistance through use of the "/helpdesk" command.