Update details have been added (21/12)
Thank you for playing “Chocobo GP”.
A major update for Chocobo GP (Ver.1.4.0) is due to be released at 06:00 on Wednesday 21/12/2022.
*Please be aware that if the player is playing a game mode that involves online communications at the time the update is released, the system will quit out of that mode after the current race finishes and return to the title screen.
The changes made in Ver.1.4.0 are outlined below.
Ver.1.4.0 update contents
1. The addition of the new "Midgar" course.
*This course can be selected in Multiplayer, Time attack and Custom Race modes.
*This course will appear in Chocobo GP mode after the start of Season 5.
2. The addition of seven new series.
*Each series will be unlocked after finishing in third place or higher on the previous series.
3. Changes to the matching process for the first race in Chocobo GP mode.
*From now on, the race will start automatically once a set time has elapsed after the start of matchmaking, even if a full set of players has not joined yet.
4. Adjustments to the following characters:
• Maduin is now invincible while his ability is active.
• The delay before Sylph's ability activates has been slightly reduced.
• Improvements to Cid's speed boost effect.
• The duration of Mecha Chocobo's speed up effect has been increased.
5. Changes have been made to the story mode, so that Gilgamesh and Racing Hero X's appearances during a race will match how they look in the story scenes.
6. Fixes to incorrect parameter information shown for Raffaello (speed model).
7. Fixes to an issue where the giant fireball produced when using Treasure Hunter Cid's ability would hit the starting gates on the Cid's Test Track course.
8. Fixes to areas where racers could become stuck on the terrain on the following courses:
• Big Bridge (Short 1, Short 2 and Technical versions)
9. Fixes to an issue with Time Attack mode where the ghost racer would disappear from the course after crossing the finish line on the Balamb Garden courses.
10. Other bug fixes.
11. After the end of Season 5 on Monday 27/02/2023, the game will enter an "off season" state.
• The rewards system will change so that gil and item tickets can be earned through playing the Series Race and Custom Race modes too.
*When using controller sharing, rewards will be assigned based on the results for player 1.
*These rewards will not be earned from playing Custom Race or Series Race modes in multiplayer (Through online or local connection).
*In-game explanatory text will also be altered in line with these changes.
*These changes will take effect after the end of Season 5.
• The availability of items will change so that items previously only sold in the Mythril Shop will now be available from the Gil Shop and Ticket Shop too.
*The items from each season will switch over in order, with a suitable time period left between each set.
• The Mythril Shop will close after Thursday 01/06/2023.
We hope you continue to enjoy “Chocobo GP”.