KB Article: 78345
KB Category: [Technical Support]
KB Sub-category: [Crash / Freeze] [ Crash / Freeze]
[Xbox One] My game has crashed/shutdown unexpectedly.
We would like to recommend the following troubleshooting solutions that may resolve the error you are experiencing:
1) Power-cycling the XBox console may help clear any accumulated cache/cookies that may cause certain errors when attempting to run the software. Please use the steps provided below to power-cycle your console:
a) Unplug all the cords from the back of the system.
b) Hold the power button for 10 seconds so the system will drain the stored power.
c) Replug the cords.
d) Restart the console.
e) Start the game.
2) Please be sure to check if there are any scratches or damage to the disc which could cause the laser to have a problem reading it.
3) If you are experiencing problems in some other area of the game, or it is inconsistent to WHERE the game is freezing, it might be something within the system. You may want to try using a cleaner for your system, which can generally be purchased at any video game retailer.
4) If you are playing with your XBox One lying flat, you may want to try placing it on its side and playing with it vertically.
5) If none of those tips work, try the game in another XBox One at that point to see if it does the same thing. Video game retailers usually have systems for demonstration purposes, and they are usually cooperative when this type of request is made.
6) We do highly recommend to install this game on your HDD (which the new XBox Dashboard update will allow). Doing so here in the office did assist in a smooth gameplay with no problems of frame-rate or graphic/loading problems.
7) If you have already installed the game, please now try to uninstall the game and try playing. Another suggestion to correct this may even be to change the resolution of your display. This can be done within the XBox One's display settings under "My XBox".
8) Please try updating your XBox One to the most recent firmware.
We hope this information has been helpful. If the error persists after trying the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, please feel free to contact us by selecting the 'Additional Assistance' button on the bottom of the page.