In order to begin playing FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, please follow the steps below:
Please note: The game servers for the new expansion content will be made available from March 27th, 2013 PDT.
1. Download the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition PC Digital Download.
2. Double click on the “FFXISETUP.exe” file and follow the on-screen instructions to install and update FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition all-in-one compilation pack onto your hard drive.
i. Note: You must have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or above installed on your Microsoft Windows OS in order to run the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition installation setup.
3. Select and check the “PlayOnline Viewer” as well as “FINAL FANTASY XI” and other FINAL FANTASY XI expansion packs on the Component Selection screen and click on the “Install” button to begin installing the PlayOnline Viewer and FINAL FANTASY XI, along with the selected expansion packs.
4. A Square Enix Account is required to play FINAL FANTASY XI. If you already have a Square Enix Account, you do not need to register a separate one. Please access the following page using your internet browser.
5. Click on the “Square Enix Account Register new account” and follow the on-screen instructions.
i. Note: In order to play FINAL FANTASY XI, entering all of the details for your Square Enix Account is required.
6. After you have successfully created a Square Enix Account, log-in to the Square Enix Account Management and begin registering your product. Please access the following page using your internet browser.
7. Once you are logged in, click on “Select Service” under “Services and Options” and then choose “PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI”.
i. Select “PlayOnline” on the Service screen to add a new PlayOnline service account (POL ID) or “Add a service account” if you already have a PlayOnline service account (POL ID) and wish to add your game to it.
ii. In order to complete the registration, you must provide the 20 digit registration code provided in this product purchase confirmation email.
8. Once you enter the registration code all of the associated services and contents will be displayed. You will be able to select all services and contents at once with Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition.
9. Next, you will need to register a “Content ID” (Playable Character Slots) to play FINAL FANTASY XI under the “List Options Continued Automatically” menu.
i. Then, select ‘Add new options’.
ii. Read and agree to the terms by clicking on the ‘Next’ button. Then, select your payment option and subscription period and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
10. Select how many Content IDs (characters) you wish to activate then click on the ‘Next’ button.
11. Review your purchases and once satisfied, confirm your purchase by clicking on the ‘Add options’ button.
12. You are now ready to play FINAL FANTASY XI with the expansion contents included in FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition.
i. If you are already logged into PlayOnline or FINAL FANTASY XI, please log out. Logging back in will enable the expansion content you registered.