KB Article: 57462
KB Category: [Technical Support]
KB Sub-category: [Update / Patch]
I am receiving a message stating that there is not enough free space on the "PlayStation BB Unit," and am unable to perform the version update.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but if you are receiving a message stating that there is not enough free space on the "PlayStation BB Unit" and are unable to perform the version update, we ask that you please perform a clean installation of FINAL FANTASY XI.
* Please note that when you perform a clean installation, macros, map markers, etc. will reset to their default settings.
[How to Perform a Clean Installation]
1. Start the PlayOnline Viewer
2. Insert the PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI disc into the Playstation 2
3. Select "Install" from the left menu of the PlayOnline login screen
4. Select FINAL FANTASY XI as the software that you wish to install
5. Once the FINAL FANTASY XI screen is displayed, select "Start Installation"
6. Once the following message is displayed, select "Yes"
FINAL FANTASY XI is already installed.
Reinstalling this disc will overwrite all existing FINAL FANTASY XI files.
Your character data will not be lost.
However, before you can play, you will have to download all the updates from the PlayOnline servers again.
7. Once the following message is displayed, select "No"
Preserve user settings file?
Select "Yes" to reinstall with customized settings such as macros and marker data left intact.
select "No" to perform a clean installation that restores default settings.
A clean installation is recommended if you are having problems with the program data.
8. Clean installation will now begin