If you attempt to play Final Fantasy XIV without first having added a character option you will encounter ‘Error 50002’. Character options are 'slots' used to create and save your in-game avatars. One character option will grant you a slot for one character. Character options are added through the Square Enix Account Management System.
2. Log into the Square Enix Account Management System via the URL below:
3. Select 'Select Service' on the left-hand side under 'Services and Options'.
4. Select FINAL FANTASY XIV
5. Select 'Options List'.
6. Use the 'Add new options' button to create a new character option.
You will need to enter a payment option in order to unlock the character option, even if you are only activating your free trial period.
You will, however, not be billed before the end of your 30 day free trial period and you can cancel your character option(s) at any time. You will still have access to the game until the free trial period has ended.
You can cancel any reoccurring payment options under the 'Options List' page in your Final Fantasy XIV service account.
Please follow the steps below to create a character once you have added a character option and logged in to your account on Final Fantasy XIV.
1. After logging in, select "New" from the Character Selection screen.
2. Select your character's race, clan, and gender.
3. Choose a preset appearance for your character.
4. Customise various aspects of your character's appearance via the available menus.
5. Select your character's starting class*.
6. Select your character's Nameday (birthday) and Guardian (patron deity).
7. Select whether to save the settings made in steps 1 through 6.*
8. Select the World that your character will inhabit.
9. Input your character's first and last name.
10. Select the city-state in which you wish to begin your adventure.
11. Finally, select "Yes" to create your character and begin the game.
In FINAL FANTASY XIV, a player's class is determined by the arm or tool in his/her hand. The class chosen during character creation simply determines the items a player begins the game with. Players can change their class at any time by simply equipping different items they purchase, find, or create.
You can save the race, appearance, class, and other data of their character to your hard disk. The next time you select ‘New’ from the Character Selection screen, you can apply the data you previously saved to the creation of a new character.
* Game Worlds
The World that your character will inhabit can be chosen during the character creation process. Once selected, your World cannot be changed. To confirm which World you belong to, simply refer to the Character Selection screen or to the "Welcome to [World name]" message that is displayed when logging into the game.