KB Article: 56885
KB Category: [Technical Support]
KB Sub-category: [ Installation]
How do I install the game?
- Before you begin installing the client
If you participated in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, please uninstall FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version.
Installing the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV or other software developed by our company while FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you uninstall FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the operating system will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Steps for Installation
1.Double-click the ffxivsetup.exe file saved to your hard drive.
2.Select the installer language. This is not the language that will be displayed in-game. This is merely the language displayed during the installation.
* At this point, if the installer detects you are using an outdated version of DirectX, you will receive a prompt asking you if you wish to install a newer version of the program. Select OK to proceed.
3.Once the InstallShield Wizard appears, click Next to continue.
4.If you have any other programs running, please exit them. Once all applications are closed, click Next to continue.
5.After reading the license agreement, select whether or not you accept the terms of the agreement by selecting the proper option and then clicking Next. Please note, you will be unable to install the client software if you do not agree to the terms.
6.After selecting a location to install the game data, click on Next.
* Please ensure there are at least 15 GB of free space on the drive designated in the file save path, at least 6 GB of free space on the drive containing your My Documents folder, and at least of 1 GB of free on the drive containing your temporary folder.
7.Click Next to begin copying the program files to your computer.
8.After the installation is complete, make sure the Create a Shortcut box is checked, and click Finish.
The following will prevent the FINAL FANTASY XIV client from being installed properly on your computer:
- Please ensure there are at least 15 GB of free space on the drive designated in the installation path, and at least 6 GB of free space on the drive containing your My Documents folder.
- The hard drive containing the My Documents folder is formatted in FAT32.
- You have less than 1GB available on the drive containing the temporary folder.